It was a big last couple of weeks around here! Our (not so) little girl is moving to a Pre-K class next year, and Chase is moving on to 1st grade. We decided to put Ashlyn in a Pre-K program at Chase's school next year, so she is THRILLED about going to the big kids' school! She gets to go on a big playground with her favorite thing, swings, and do all of the stuff Chase got to do this year. I think it will be a great fit for her, and it will be AWESOMELY convenient for me! Congratulations kiddos, a great end to a great year!!
Chase's school had a FULL ON ceremony for the kindergarteners. It was completely unbelievable how much time and effort was put into it! The kids were all on stage (probably 100 of them or so) and sang a bunch of songs about growing up. It was adorable! After the song and dance numbers, they got to go on stage one by one and shake their teacher's hand, go up to the microphone and say what they wanted to be when they grow up (Chase said "I want to be in the Air Force") and then shake the principal's hand and get their 'diploma'. The whole thing was quite the production! I loved it though and couldn't be happier with his school. He had an awesome year there and we can't wait for next year!
Saying what he wants to be when he grows up. One kid said he wants to be a principal....you know that kid earned major brownie points!! Another said he wants to rescue lost puppies....all 200 parents went "awwwwww" in unison :)
Shaking the principal's hand
Chase's school had a FULL ON ceremony for the kindergarteners. It was completely unbelievable how much time and effort was put into it! The kids were all on stage (probably 100 of them or so) and sang a bunch of songs about growing up. It was adorable! After the song and dance numbers, they got to go on stage one by one and shake their teacher's hand, go up to the microphone and say what they wanted to be when they grow up (Chase said "I want to be in the Air Force") and then shake the principal's hand and get their 'diploma'. The whole thing was quite the production! I loved it though and couldn't be happier with his school. He had an awesome year there and we can't wait for next year!
Saying what he wants to be when he grows up. One kid said he wants to be a principal....you know that kid earned major brownie points!! Another said he wants to rescue lost puppies....all 200 parents went "awwwwww" in unison :)
Shaking the principal's hand
Go Carlson Champions! We left Greysen with a sitter so he wouldn't disrupt the ceremony :)
Chase and one of his classmates. They look so cute in their caps!
Chase and his teacher Mrs Thornton. She was so amazing and the perfect personality match for Chase (aka, she never put up with any BS!) We will miss her and can only hope he has as great of a teacher for 1st grade!
Such a cheeseball! He is always hamming it up. It's fun to see him in his element...he must have a zillion friends at school. I love having such an outgoing child, but it has a few challenges as well :)
I decided to get creative with the end of the year teachers' gifts this year and put together this little beach bag gift basket. The kids thought it was cute and had fun helping me put it together.
So much more fun than a gift card! (although we did throw a gift card in there as well :-) )
Ashlyn's last day of school, posing with her teachers. They were two of the best teachers we could have asked for too. All in all, it was a stellar year for the kids! I am nervous for next year because this year went so well, but I'm sure it will be another great year.
I think this is hysterical! Chase received a REAL diploma that rivals my college diploma! I'm thinking I know where all that PTO money goes now, ha! Seriously though, this is unreal!
No comments:
Post a Comment