Sunday, July 15, 2012

Kim's Bridal Shower!!!

 Yesterday was finally Kim's bridal shower!!  I feel like we started planning this forever ago and thought the day would never come, but yesterday FLEW by and now it's OVER!!! :( :( :(  I had a blast putting this together - I swear in another life (or maybe in many many years when I'm not spending my days driving kids to school, sports, and dr appts all day long) I will look into a career in event planning or decorating.  I love this stuff!  Anyhow, the party went off without a hitch and was so fun!!  The only sad part is that 2 hours felt like 2 minutes and I wanted to spend so much more time with everyone. 
My mom, sister Katie, my Aunt Darlene and I hosted the shower and I decided I wanted to make it extra special for Kim so I decided on a dessert table to add a little personal touch to the day.  Yes it was a little over the top, but I had a blast doing it!  It's my hobby and helps me have something fun to focus on outside of managing 3 small children (as angelic as they are..... ;-) )
 The cake was my favorite!  I may have been a tad bit bossy about how I wanted the cake to look (I mean, IF I had ordered it...of course I spent hours and hours making it myself! :) ), but it couldn't have turned out better. 
 I saw this sign on Etsy and thought it was the cutest thing for a candy/dessert table (side note, if I could get paid to spend my days on Etsy and Pinterest, I'd be a trillionaire!).  Behind that is framed photos of the bride and groom to be, "oysters" (pearl shimmer gumballs), cookies and cream mini cupcakes, and some little beachy to-go bags for the guests to take some treats home with them.
The cookies were my second favorite thing - again, completely homemade :)  Whoever didn't get to taste one of these cookies REALLY missed out!  They were SO delish!!
 This was the view.  The shower was at a golf course in our hometown in MI, and besides it being ridiculously humid outside yesterday, it was gorgeous.
 The bride-to-be with my mom (far left), our cousin Brad's wife Carrie (middle) and a dear friend of the family (Mrs Kuhtic...'Mrs Q!) on the right.
 Some of the guests enjoying the festive drinks before lunch was served.  We had the waitresses circulating peach and strawberry sangria, and raspberry lemon martinis....they were AWESOME!
 Kim opening her gifts...look at that amazing decanter!  Of course that was one of my favorite gifts, being the wine lover that I am!
 This was another of my favorite gifts (although I loved all of them and wish I could register for home goods again!).  Kim got matching aprons and one of them said "Mrs Bernabe" (her soon to be new last name) and the other one said "Mr Manifold" (her last name). Love it!!!  So stinkin cute!  Phil, you better be wearing that apron with pride, brother!!
 Me and my sisters!  I feel so lucky to have such amazing sisters.  I'm so excited for you Kim!  LOVE YOU GIRLS!
 Me and my sis Katie.  I love this pic...definitely one of our best pictures together!
Kim and her bff's (also 4 out of the 7 girls in her wedding party....Katie and I are 2 more, and then one of her friends who couldn't make it to the shower).  Look at those hot mommas!  Can't wait for the wedding...it will surely be a very, very memorable week!!  Love you Kim and CONGRATS!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...