Friday, April 27, 2012

Mission: Pantry Makeover!!

So I am a little OCD.  Ok, a lot OCD.  I like things organized, picked up, in their place, etc....so you can imagine that I am very annoying to live with (sorry family!)  For example, if Tony gets a glass out of the cupboard and sets it on the counter to use later, it's gone.  Straight to the dishwasher baby.  I can't stand things cluttering up the counters or floors.  Another example, we had company over one day and the first thing Ashlyn said to my friend was "don't touch the pillows on the couch!!  My mom will be mad!"  That's horrible. I'm not denying it.  I like our home to look like a model home at all times and that's a problem.  I have a problem!!  So with that said, let me show you my latest organizational project!  I got to the point where the pantry was giving me anxiety because it was so messy. I couldn't stand the chaos anymore, so I decided to do a pantry overhaul.  To be honest, it was a fun project and gave me the motivation to want to do other rooms. I already tackled the laundry room and next is my closet. The feeling I get when it's done is amazing!  It feels so peaceful and calm.  Yes, I have a problem. :)
PANTRY BEFORE
Clutter, chaos, ripped boxes everywhere, junk piled on top of junk.

PANTRY AFTER

Aaaah, tranquility!!  I can't even tell you the difference this makes in my daily life.  Ha!  The kids love it because they can see the snacks better and get excited to pick out a treat, I love it because it looks so nice and organized, and Tony just rolled his eyes and asked me if I'm pregnant again and going through the nesting phase. Lol  Men just don't get it.  I had to compare it to the workbench/tool center he built in the garage - he got it.  I know you're on the edge of your seats waiting for the next project! :)

2 comments:

Life with Claire said...

dude...that is quite the overhaul! love it. the baskets are killer...full of rice boxes, etc...lol!! you really went for it!!! =P i LOVE organization too. i get it.

OurHappyFamily said...

AMAZING!!! Where did you get all of your baskets? My pantry needs that makeover! I LOVE organization too!!! Thanks for inspiring me to have my pantry be my next project :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...