WOW was that a long spring break!! For real, 2.5 weeks can seem like an eternity for everyone. The kids were begging to go back to school and I was begging for the school to re-open! We kept pretty busy despite not taking any trips. Here is a little update as to how our break went! Pic above, lots of picnics at the park. Always my back-up plan if we need to break out of the house on a moment's notice.
Greysen is CRAZY now. He wants to climb on everything, open all the cupboards, pull things out of the fridge....list goes on and on. He's gonna keep me very busy for the next few years!
I made a short trek up to Scottsdale one day and took the kids to the Sugar Bowl. It's a completely pink diner that has been there forever and has the best ice cream ever. They loved it!!
After ice cream, I took them to a train park. Ash always loves an opportunity to pose for the camera. Ugh, I need to lock that girl up!!
If it looks like we ate out a lot and had a lot of ice cream, well, WE DID! You try to entertain 3 little ones for 2.5 weeks and tell me you wouldn't do the same!! Here's a chic-fil-a outing (one of many). Greysen had his first ice cream cone (with my help) and was literally panting for more!
We had lots of lazy mornings. Def a positive part of the break :) I had a tiny bit of formula to use up and G had his last bottle today. It feels so good to be done with bottles and formula!! It's funny because I almost had to force him to take a bottle in the morning, but I didn't want the formula to go to waste. He is SO interested in what Chase and Ashlyn are doing and won't even drink from a sippy cup anymore. He wants a cup with a lid and a straw. It's so interesting to see how the subsequent children are so different from the first.
Yep, he's into everything. He likes to "help" me unload the dishwasher. He will grab spoons, etc and hand them to me. It's actually really funny but I have to be quick about unloading if he's "helping" so nothing breaks!
Hey, what do you know? Another Chic-fil-a visit! They had a big Easter event last weekend...petting zoo, egg hunt, etc. I thought G would scream when the bunny took him, but he laughed hysterically!
Petting zoo. Eww. I am always kind of a germaphobe about those :-/
Hurry, grab the Purell!! Kids loved it though :) Greysen just kept laughing at the animals.
Greysen's first egg hunt. If it looks like he's standing, HE IS! But the stinker won't walk!! He's soooo close. SO close! He is just so lazy and knows he can zip across the room crawling.
Aww, brothers :) I love this picture!! Chase and Greysen really have a special relationship. I hope it's always that way.
Peek! G checking out the goods :)
One of the days G was sleeping and I was out running on the treadmill and I walked in about an hour later to find this. They said they built a "fort" and were having a picnic. Look at next pic...
They moved a TON of stuff into the family room to build their fort, and set up a kitchen with a table and chairs, made popcorn, got a few gatorades. HUGE mess, but I thought it was pretty cute and creative.
Like I said, I need to LOCK THIS GIRL UP! Look at this! If this is 4 years old, what will 15 be? Uggggghhhhh
Tony received a last minute invite to a black tie charity event at one of the gorgeous resorts in Scottsdale. It was SO fun to get dressed up and have a night out!! We had the best time and it sure helped to break up the long spring break!
Chase lost his 4th tooth!! He left this note for the tooth fairy. It says "Dear tooth fairy, where do you get the money from? Or is it a cearket (secret). I speld cearket wrong." Lol! He is a lot of fun lately. I think 6 is a pretty fun age.
Showing off his missing top tooth! He was so proud :)
The kids also spent a lot of time outside on the trampoline during the break, and Greysen loves going out there with them. He constantly crawls to the window and looks outside to see if they're out there. It's adorable!
Look at this enormous kid! We turned his car seat around the other day and when I took this pic I really realized he's no longer a baby. Not even a tiny bit. Waaaah :(
Chase finished football and started baseball the same day. With two games a week and one practice a week, we seem to be living on the baseball field. (pretty sunset!)
Wrapping up our spring break with one more meal out! Shocker!
Happy spring break!
No comments:
Post a Comment