So for any of you who have missed hearing about the pantry (haha), I thought I'd give you a fix! I have focused my OCD on a new room in the house and it's 99% done and I LOVE IT! I really wanted a fun, colorful, organized playroom (haha...playroom, my three kids, and organized DO NOT go together) and I finally did it! I did the room a little backwards, but it all worked out in the end. I started with ordering handmade curtain panels and a rug I loved, and worked from there. Big thanks to my hubby for being super patient and helping me with the heavy lifting :) Join me for the tour!
So I ordered the rug and then the curtains, and realized that the curtains blended into the wall too much. Soooo, I woke up one morning with a vision and we took a family trip to the paint store! Tony thought I was crazy, but he totally went with my "vision". He asked me if I was pregnant again because he had memories of my extreme nesting. Ha! Clarification: NOT pregnant.
What was my vision you ask?? Yellow stripes! Yes, yellow. That's why Tony thought I was crazy :) I have always wanted to paint something yellow, but definitely NEVER thought I would put yellow paint on a wall. Have faith, it all turns out fab! Chase was a big "helper" as you can see, ha! I think he probably added an extra hour to the project, but it was cute to see him so eager to help!
Halfway done! Let me give myself props here for a second. Although you see Tony doing the painting (he insisted), I measured and taped the entire wall. Doesn't look like much, but let me tell you what a pain in the %$#(*#@#%^ it was!!! It took me a good 2-3 hours to prep the wall. I was kicking myself halfway through for waking up with this idea.
Done and drying! Tony said "it looks like a giant school bus in here." Lol! Get ready, next pic is the finished product!!
DONE! Yellow stripes and I LOVE IT! It adds so much *cheer* to the room!!
I had been trying to figure out what to do with this wall for awhile now, and again had a 'vision'. I chose my favorite pics of the kids' faces, blew them up to a 16x20 poster size, and here they are! This pic is deceiving, the photos are much larger than they look here. What better to put on a playroom wall but pics of the kids who play in there!!
I 'created' this little art station for the kids to 'create' at. I'm so cheesy :))) I have to say though, it has been a big hit! They LOVE to sit at the desk and draw, color, and CREATE!
So now that the playroom is done, I'm 'envisioning' my next room...my closet. I mentioned this before, but I am ready to tackle it now! I took 'before' pics the other day and bought a bunch of closet organzational supplies, so stay tuned for the reveal!!!
1 comment:
LOOKS AMAZING!!!! GO Kelly!!!
Post a Comment