Finally, after a YEAR of dance classes every Monday morning, Ashlyn had her recital! It was the cutest thing ever. I couldn't hold back the tears....partly from laughing at how cute it was, and partly because I couldn't believe my little girl was dancing up on stage (I use the term 'dancing' lightly..ha). The recital was at a full-on performing arts center with a huge stage...very professional. I almost felt like I was sitting in the audience waiting for Le Mis to start (ok, not quite, but sort of!) We had to check her in 45 min before showtime and she was whisked backstage to practice. There were 34 acts (yep, that doesn't just sound like a lot, it WAS) and Ashlyn was in act #9. So we sat through the first 8 acts in major anticipation of seeing our little dancer take the stage. The curtain was closed, it was dark, and all of a sudden....lights, camera, action!! The curtain opens and Ashlyn is on stage with 6 of her dance buddies and the only way I can describe them is *deer in headlights!!* They were the youngest class performing (all 2 and 3 year olds) and of course the cutest :) They performed to Witch Doctor ("I told the Witch Doctor I was in love with you....."). Her friend Taylor is the most outgoing of the group and did the whole routine without hesitation. Ashlyn looked overwhelmed and a little frightened until about halfway through, and then looked to the side of the stage where her dance teacher was doing the dance and started tapping her foot a little. Then one arm went up, then the other, and she did a little shake, bent down to move her "circle" back in place so she knew where to stand (the audience laughed) and then it was done. I really need to see it again because it went by so fast, but Tony and I aren't sure we want to buy the entire DVD that they make you purchase for a trillion $. After her dance, Tony, Chase and I had to sit through the remaining 25 acts until the finale rolled around (which she was a part of...a split second part of) and then it was done. All in all, hilarious, super cute, emotional!, and very entertaining. I kind of wish she really liked dance because it was amazing to see some of the older girls dance...I felt like I was watching "so you think you can dance" auditions. Some of those girls are amazing!! Unfortunately, the second I picked her up after the recital was finished, she said "I never, never, never want to do dance again!!!" Lol Gymnastics here we come.
No comments:
Post a Comment